VICTORIAN BUILDING AUTHORITY
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates building and plumbing practitioners to ensure the achievement of efficient and competitive building and plumbing industries in Victoria.
Our services include:
- responding to general enquiries from the public about the building and plumbing industries
- registering, licensing and disciplining plumbers in Victoria
- registering and disciplining building practitioners
- issuing owner-builder certificates of consent
- providing expert technical advice and informed solutions to industry
- undertaking inspections, investigations and audits to enforce compliance with relevant legislation
- working with other agencies and regulators to ensure building and plumbing practitioners are compliant and that consumers are protected
- publishing data for building and plumbing practitioners
- monitoring the collection of building permit levies
- overseeing the work of building surveyors and Victoria’s building permit system.
Hutchinson Builders is Australia’s largest privately-owned construction company. For over 109 years and five generations, they’ve placed family values at the